Thursday, July 8, 2010

July


Bryce and I are celebrating our 20th Anniversary this month! Since this is a big anniversary--we're celebrating for a long time! We can't believe it's been 20 years! Many more pictures to follow for celebrating 20!





Bryce made a quick trip to OKLAHOMA for his work this past week. He found out he was leaving on Monday, left on Tuesday, and returned on Friday night...just in time for the fireworks. I kept reminding him to TAKE SOME PICTURES--and his response was..."there's nothing here to take a picture of". There wasn't even anything in the airport for a souvineer. His new tube of toothpaste was confiscated at the airport,(it was too big) and fortunately the hotel desk had some samples of toothpaste that pulled him through the week. It was a rather LONG (and I would assume- boring) week for him. He didn't even get into downtown Tulsa. It was nice to talk on the cell phones every day. I did have to laugh, however when the ONLY thing he brought home from Oklahoma was a brochure that said...
************************** I AM
************************** your next vacation.

I'm glad he's home!!!

On Saturday we went to our city parade. Tyler was asked to carry a flag at the beginning of the parade. He did a good job, and carried the flag very responsibly. He did just as he was asked to do--Look straight ahead! I was hoping he would look over at me for a picture, but he was being obedient.





Lisa and little Bryce saved us some great seats...they were there EARLY-thinking the parade started at 9:00 instead of 10:30. Thanks Lisa! It was fun to be with you there.


As a nice surprise, and it was truly a surprise, we were able to sit by my friend Jackie and her family. That was great!


Thanks to an awesome gardner...


We have some beautiful flowers!


We've had the privilidge of having Nathan with us again this week. His mom and sisters are at girls camp so we are having fun!



One day we went to Lagoon.



Tyler and Nathan are in there SOMEWHERE!





The next time I go to Lagoon...

I won't be babysitting an 8 month old! Baby + Lagoon= BAD COMBINATION

and one day was spent filling water balloons.

We had fun!

I was able to visit my "college parents" Pam and Hal at Downetta Hot Springs. It was great to see them for a while. Hal, in the financial aid office, got me my job in the Housing office, where I got to work with Pam. I loved them instantly and "adopted" them as my parents, and they claim me as their foster daughter. Even though it's been a long time since I was at Ricks--our friendship has remained strong through the years. They are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment