We went to Kelton and spent our 1st (FREEZING) night there. (we still don't have our heater fixed---now you know why Tyler and I were hesitant. This time we were a little more prepared).
Friday was a beautiful day and we drove to Albian to see Uncle Gary and Darrin. They were deer hunting, and since we were relatively close, we thought we'd meet them and Bryces parents for lunch.
After a VERY late lunch, we left Albian to travel back to the City of Rocks. There wasn't a lot of time to spend there before it got dark, although the boys did climb Elephant Rock and had a great time.
Friday night we were back at Kelton. It was much warmer the 2nd night-which we were happy for.
Saturday was the traditional Allen Family Kelton trip. The boys were patiently waiting for Nathans family to bring his motorbike.
When the bike (and the other family members) arrived, the FUN really started.
Returning home from Kelton Saturday night, Bryce looked in the side view mirror, and discovered we had a flat tire on our trailer. When I looked, I saw lots of sparks and smoke. We pulled over instantly and this is what we found...Not so much a "flat" tire, but an exploded /or shredded tire.
We are so BLESSED!!!!! This could have been a major disaster! I don't even like to think about the "could have been". I know that our guardian angels were once again on duty! They are so dilligent!!! I thank them!
I'm thankful that Bryce takes such good care of us. He put the spare on (which wasn't the easiest task) and we continued home. We are so happy that we arrived home safe and without any more incidents. We enjoyed our UEA getaway. It was a nice break.
No comments:
Post a Comment