Friday after school, the scouts met at our home to prepare for their "grand adventure". There was a range of emotions, from anticipation to worry.
When Bryce went up to the camp spot a couple of weeks earlier, he just had his water pack on, and he didn't think it was too bad at all. The boys & leaders got their snow shoes, their gear, and started up a STEEP hill, looking for their camp spot. That 1st part of the hike was brutal with a heavy pack on and pulling the rest of the gear! It wouldn't have been so bad to pull the sleighs, if all 4 of the leaders could have helped out. 2 of the leaders needed to go and figure out the problem of where to park the vehicles, while the other 2 leaders pulled the sleighs. Either way the parking or the pulling--was an issue.
Daylight was rapidly departing, so the boys had to hurry and dig their snow caves. That too was tons of work.

The boys were working on their backpacking merit badge,as well as the orienteering merit badge.

After a very dark and cold night, a cold, hard ground, not getting much sleep, and being mentally and physically exhausted, they were ready to leave camp! When they were leaving camp...the boys were trying to break the snow caves and Jacob finally fell through.


THEY SURVIVED!!!!!Although in Tyler's words "IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! (I think I would agree. I'm REAL thankful I cant go to scout camps! Thats a huge blessing for me!)I'm sure every scout and leader was thrilled to be to be back in their own beds Saturday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment