I had everything all planned out, and for several months I've been reminding our family about Saturday November 12th. About 3 weeks before the party date, Bryce got an invitation to ride motorcycles with his cousins Brian, Darrin & Kirk...on the very same date-Saturday November 12th! Of course he was planning to go since he had no idea of the party. I was feeling like a football player--, rushing to contact our family and friends about the date change, jumping here and there, trying to fake out Bryce with my comments, switch everything, intercepting every e-mail, phone call, etc. Trying to keep this a suprise for my husband was TOUGH!!!! However, I pulled it off! He was surprised!
I had made a dvd for Bryce, my first one ever. It's a good thing my family had so many scout camps this summer...I had plenty of time to practice. In my dvd, I had Bryce growing up birth to 50, then pictures of he and I, pictures of he and Tyler and our families, and of course some of the adventures. I found perfect songs with lyrics that were so fitting: A man's got to be what he's born to be, be it soon or late, he'll be small or great. What one man can do is dream, What one man can do is love,Do you see what one man can do. You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration. Thank you for being my dad, You raise me up to more than I can be, and I hope you had the time of your life.
To add to the surprise, The Airharts made a surprise visit to help us celebrate! What awesome friends we have! They made sure Bryce was sporting his "50th attire", and that our decorations were in place. Thanks Cliff & Gina! You are awesome

I created a Jeopardy game about Bryce. I had the categories, Adventures, Hobbies, Highlights, and Growing up. To be fair those family members (my family) who has never gone on an adventure with Bryce, or who had no idea about his growing up...I had a cheat sheet to give them some help.
Unfortunately my family needed to leave prior to the pictures being taken. Those who were there but not pictured are: My parents, Bob & Janet, my sister Lisa & her husband Dale, and her daughter Kelli, my sister in law Julie and her 4 children-Hayley, Blake, Makayla, Luke, my sister in law Emili, and the Garlick Family.
No comments:
Post a Comment